Interesting research from 2011 – societal tipping points

Home Forums Main Forum Interesting research from 2011 – societal tipping points

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #71490
      Todd Tomlinson
      Participant

      I remember following this back in 2011 as I was looking at shifting consumer buying patterns from brick and mortar to online.   But it also applies to other social “norms” – and its exactly what we’re seeing unfold around us.   It only takes 10% of a society to completely change the thinking of the majority.   All of the cancel culture that is going on now was fueled by a very small minority – but once they reached the 10% tipping point it took off like a wildfire.    What this tells me – IMHO – is we’re at the tipping point for many radical changes in our society that will be difficult to stop this side of the rapture.     Part of me is ok with that as I know it has to happen – but part of me is sad because so many people are being swept up in the waves of insanity.    Lord I’m not sure how much more of this us old folk can handle — come get us!

      Fair Use and Educational Purposes Only
      https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/07/110725190044.htm

       

      avataravataravataravataravataravataravataravataravataravatar
    • #71492
      KolleenWStone
      Moderator

      Yes, it feels like insanity all around us! It is amazing, the few who have the ability to control the many – the many who don’t want to be controlled! The world is seeing the good, the bad and the ugly more and more. Praying the masses are seeing the goodness of God in the midst of it all.

      avataravataravataravataravataravataravataravataravataravatar
    • #71514
      Whit
      Participant

      Good article……….but is it the 10% are so passionate that they convince the other 90%?  I am thinking it is more by abuse, boycott, character destruction, financial ruin if they don’t agree.  Its sad to see……so many things go away because of that small minority.  Who knew Mr Potato Head and Dr Suess had evil ulterior motives?  I am 55 and astonished at the changes.

      Whit

       

       

      avataravataravataravataravataravataravataravataravatar
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest