Web Admin Notes
Hello, occasionally some modifications to the site and forum areas may need to be updated or configurations changed to help support the site performance. I will list any significant updates to the site below. Thank you, Richard
April 18, 2022
- Reverted to PHP 7.4 as the plugin that lets you posts emojis isn’t ready yet. Will get back to PHP 8.0 when they are compatible.
April 8, 2022
Updated Managed WordPress hosting to the newest PHP 8.0 Version. PHP 8.0 provides more security and speed to the backend of WordPress to make for a much faster browsing and posting experience in the forum. For the nerds:
- It’s the latest version of PHP so it is definitely more secure than PHP 7.4 and other older versions.
- Major issues are fixes in the version 8.0
- Its performance is quite faster than 7.3 and 7.4 and other older version
- It provides major changes for WordPress sites and performance will definitely increase.
- And more over 65% site are made up of PHP so support will be better like facebook, wordpress, Wikipedia
January 26, 2022
Issues were caused by a major update to BuddyPress to the Who’s Online and Forum Search Widgets. New widget formats were introduced and corrected. I also moved the Who’s Online to the top of the sidebar. The Forum Search widget was conflicting with the theme and I was able to disable a theme feature that was causing the issue. All is well at this point.
November 28, 2021
Noticed image directory for the forum was growing very large. Added mechanism to limit image upload size to save server space and ease strain on daily backups. Images will now also open in a lightbox if larger than the forum window.