Web Admin Notes
Hello, occasionally some modifications to the site and forum areas may need to be updated or configurations changed to help support the site performance. I will list any significant updates to the site below. Thank you, Richard
May 24, 2022
- Made significant changes to the login page as there were issues with the login and logout buttons on the home page getting caught in a loop during the logout process.
- Added a custom login screen layout to enhance the user experience.
May 21, 2022
- Issue with content not showing for some users but appears to be better after upgrading the core files, plugins and tuning the database.
Who’s Online was showing to people not logged in briefly after a plugin update to the widget visibility controller. Many people reported the bug, and they issued a new release.
Tuned the database and updated core files.
Still cannot run PHP 8.0 as the emoji plugin fails on upgrade. Will upgrade as soon as all plugins are compatible.
April 8, 2022
Updated Managed WordPress hosting to the newest PHP 8.0 Version. PHP 8.0 provides more security and speed to the backend of WordPress to make for a much faster browsing and posting experience in the forum. For the nerds:
- It’s the latest version of PHP so it is definitely more secure than PHP 7.4 and other older versions.
- Major issues are fixes in the version 8.0
- Its performance is quite faster than 7.3 and 7.4 and other older version
- It provides major changes for WordPress sites and performance will definitely increase.
- And more over 65% site are made up of PHP so support will be better like facebook, wordpress, Wikipedia
January 26, 2022
Issues were caused by a major update to BuddyPress to the Who’s Online and Forum Search Widgets. New widget formats were introduced and corrected. I also moved the Who’s Online to the top of the sidebar. The Forum Search widget was conflicting with the theme and I was able to disable a theme feature that was causing the issue. All is well at this point.
November 28, 2021
Noticed image directory for the forum was growing very large. Added mechanism to limit image upload size to save server space and ease strain on daily backups. Images will now also open in a lightbox if larger than the forum window.